02 (F): Keturah Miller (8)
03 (M): Alexis Miller (9)
Buried at the Demouth Cemetery are Aaron Miller d. 1828 age 64
his wife Jane d. 1849, age 84
Frederick Miller - d. 1816, age 88
From: Millers IN 1833 WILL, Acct of FAMILY - Ancestry.com
3. Adam5 Miller (Jacob4, Johannes Adam3, Johan Adam Mueller (Muller/2 Miller), Johann Conrad Mueller (Muller/1) was born Abt. 1767 in Pequannock Twp., Morris Co., NJ, and died in probably Ohio. He married Anna Demouth Bef. 1792, daughter of Adam Demouth and Charlotte Husk.
Children of Adam Miller and Anna Demouth are:
14 i. John6 Miller, born Abt. 1792 in Morris Co., NJ. He married Mary Jane Wolf; born Abt. 1800.
15 ii. Alexis Miller, born 07 Jul 1806 in Morris Co., NJ; died 23 Jul 1872 in Avon, Lorain County, Ohio.
16 iii. Keturah Miller, born 13 Jul 1794 in Morris Co., NJ; died 1879 in Ohio.
There is a document, dated 10 April 1790, releasing Adam's estate to his two children, Jacob, and Anna who had married Adam Miller. They had worked out an agreement between themselves and Jacob ended up paying Anna 5 shillings to make it even. Jacob became the owner of the 512 acre homestead farm. I wonder what Anna got.
[Millers IN 1833 WILL, Acct of FAMILY
Posted: 29 Aug 2010 3:09AM GMT]
The Oscar A. Kincaid Home
Listed on the State and National Registers
of Historic Places
Headquarters: Historical Society of
591 Powerville Rd. 973-263-0907
In 1785 Adam Miller Jr. and his wife, Anna Demouth Miller, built the earliest section of the dwelling which stands today as the second oldest frame building indigenous to Boonton Township. The little house did not face the road, because at that early date there was no designated road to the property.
John Decker, Oscar Kincaid Jr.'s great-great-grandfather, purchased the home and forge site in 1833 from then owner William Scott. Forge man and farmer, John Decker became a man of substance, adding extensive acreage to his original purchase. His forge iron came from the Hibernia mines, and the shipments from his forge to New York were made via the Morris Canal. John Decker enlarged the small original house in 1837 when the side-hall main block was added. The addition's most remarkable feature is the ingenious and idiosyncratic portrait created in spiteful retaliation by a dismissed contractor. This "decoration" is now considered a unique example of naive and whimsical folk art. Amazingly, throughout the past 174 years of the house's existence and occupation, the hallway decoration was never painted out and lost.
The little ice cream stand, built by Oscar A. Kincaid, Sr., in the mid-to-late 1920's, is thought to be one of the oldest continually running country stands in New Jersey. In 1938 Oscar Kincaid Sr. entered the dairy business and added a room and large walk-in cooler to the small road stand to house his new endeavor. By 1944, the Kincaid's had reverted to general farming and adopted the name "Valley Farm" by which the house and farm are still recognized today. In 1980 it received the prestigious Century Farm Award given by the New Jersey Agriculture Society, the oldest farm organization in the country.
Oscar A. Kincaid, Jr., a well loved mayor of Boonton Township, died in November 2000. The historical Society of Boonton Township, with the enthusiastic support of friends, members, and neighbors, Purchased the house and road stand in 2003. Under its stewardshi, three phases of restoration have been completed at the house. Used for local history programs an exhibitions, it is also a popular venus for community events, fund raisers and art exhibits. The Oscar Kincaid Home of History welcomes visitors by appointment.
The Oscar A. Kincaid Home of History
Listed in the State and National Registers of Historic Places
Headquarters: Historical Society of Boonton Township
591 Powerville Rd. 973-263-0907
In 1785, Adam Miller Jr. and his wife, Anna Demouth Miller, built the earliest section of the dwelling which stands today as the second oldest frame building indigenous to Boonton Township. The little home sis not face the road, because at that early date there was no designated road to the property.
John Decker, Oscar Kincaid Jr's great-great-grandfather, purchased the home and forge site in 1833 from then owner William Scott.
[There is a John Decker descended from Anna's brother Jacob Demouth.]
Revised: February 19, 2018